WPCampus 2022 will be looking for stories, how-tos, hypotheticals, demos, case studies and more for our annual in-person conference focused on WordPress in higher education.
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates.
As in past years, we’ll be looking for a variety of topics on anything that might bring value to our community. WordPress, higher education, and accessibility are key themes, but we want people to share on their own experiences in various arenas: accessibility, design, development, strategy, management, usability, governance, etc. Anything you’ve found valuable in contributing to higher education communities and/or the web.
Why present at WPCampus?
This event is a great opportunity for first-time presenters. If you use WordPress in higher ed, we’d love for you to share your work (and brains) with our community. Our call for presenters is not limited to those who work in higher ed as you do not have to be in higher education to bring value to our community.
If you’re having trouble finding inspiration or fleshing out ideas, start by checking out our Speaker Training videos. These videos may help get your vision into a submittable format. And feel free to share your ideas with us for feedback!
Accepted presenters will receive free admission (one free ticket per session) and hordes of gratefulness and admiration for your investment in higher education. Also, swag.
Over the years, we’ve continued to experiment with our program and aim to provide a variety of formats:
- General lecture sessions
- 45-minute lectures on various topics with 1-2 presenters.
- Panel discussions
- 45-minute discussion on a specific topic with a facilitator and a panel of experts.
- Group discussions
- 45-minute group discussions on a specific topic.
- The discussion is had among all in attendance and led by a facilitator.
- The facilitator is selected by the planning committee but the community selects the topics.
- Hands-on workshops
- A few 2-4 hour hands-on workshop time slots are available.
- Workshops will be held a day early.
- Lightning talks
- A 10-15 minute presentation for a quick overview of a specific topic.
- Our lightning talks are viewed by all attendees. We really enjoy this time together, sharing insights on various topics.
Session tracks will be generated according to proposals, so feel free to submit any and all session ideas and stories you have to share involving WordPress and education.
The intended audiences will include faculty, students, developers, site designers, DevOps/sysadmins, content developers, instructional designers, marketing specialists, admissions personnel and institutional leaders.
Looking for more inspiration? Visit the WPCampus Library
Here are some possible topics (and we’re sure you can imagine more):